Everyone has a favorite browser, and Firefox is mine. Here are some tricks I use to enhance my Firefox experience:
- Ctrl + L: To highlight the URL in the address bar
- Shift + Enter: Magically adds www. and .com to the phrase you’ve typed in the address bar. For example, nytimes into the address bar, then Shift + Enter. Your phrase morphs into www.nytimes.com and you’re taken to the site.
- Ctrl + F: Performs a keyword search on a webpage. This trick works in most browsers. It will increase your searching speed dramatically!
- Ctrl + T: Opens a new tab
- Ctrl + Tab: Switches among the tabs you have open
- Ctrl + W: Closes your current tab
- Shopping for gifts? Or maybe you’re a spy? Use Ctrl + Shift + P to enable private browsing.