Date and Time:Wednesday 4/17/2013
Description:This innovative program will provide practical training to immigrants about office environments, thereby broadening their number of future job opportunities and potentially increasing their future earnings.
The SKILL Program is a ten week program, set to run in the second quarter of 2013. It will include 10 weeks of classroom time, 2 hours per week, and is augmented by 100 hours of concurrent practice time, 10 hours per week. The practice portion is completed at area nonprofit organizations willing to host a program participant. An additional, the final session of the SKILL Program will be a graduation ceremony honoring participants, and presentation of certificates of completion.
Because the sessions will be conducted in English (with Spanish language support available), SKILL Program participants should understand and speak conversational English with decreasing hesitancy and difficulty, have basic reading comprehension and writing skills in English, and be able to function in an English-speaking environment with occasional support. Each session will include important vocabulary and key phrases, as well as learning activities to complete during the session and/or at home.
Training modules for the 2013 SKILL Program -
1. Orientation to Office Environments (phone, copier/scanner, postage machine, etc.)
2. Confidence, Goal Setting & Appearance
3. Computer Use & Creating and saving files
4. Internet Use & Google searches
5. Keyboarding Skills and Improving Written Communications
6. Microsoft Office products
8. Databases & Contact Management Systems (Salesforce)
9. Performing in a Multicultural Environment
10. Financial Literacy
Please contact Denise Rolando at denise [at] bennulegal [dot] com or 847-736-2667 with questions or to register.
Registration is not available for this event.